Cran - Brechin - Monday 12th Sept

ThereÕs a rare chance to hear 3 of IrelandÕs finest musicians in Scotland on Monday 12th September . The trio ÒCranÓ are appearing at the Brechin Arts Festival in Angus. They are Sean Corcoran, on vocals and bouzouki, Desi Wilkinson on flute and whistles, and Ronan Browne on uilleann pipes and whistles. Information can be obtained from : mailto:info@brechinartsfestival.org Id say theres a possibility they may be joined for a few tunes by Tiarna, Ronans sister who is a very fine fiddle-player, and lives down the road in Fife. This happened last year in Edinburgh, and the sound was mighty.

Comments

• ThereÕs a rare chance to hear 3 of IrelandÕs finest musicians in Scotland on Monday 12th September . The trio ÒCranÓ are appearing at the Brechin Arts Festival in Angus. They are Sean Corcoran, on vocals and bouzouki, Desi Wilkinson on flute and whistles, and Ronan Browne on uilleann pipes and whistles. Information can be obtained from : mailto:info@brechinartsfestival.org Id say theres a possibility they may be joined for a few tunes by Tiarna, Ronans sister who is a very fine fiddle-player, and lives down the road in Fife. This happened last year in Edinburgh, and the sound was mighty.
  • We know cos we were there, Kenny. :-)
  • You and I were there, John, but that was a very small audience I thought for a place the size of Edinburgh. I hope the lads can do better in Brechin. Would you join me in recommending this concert ?
  • I was privilaged to see Cran at their last gig in Glasgow and it was a wonderful and enchanting night of the finest tunes and songs,they are not to be missed,I commend them to everyone within reach of Brechin !!!
  • Yes, it will be a great concert.

Cran played in Edinburgh as part of the Carrying Stream festival and didnt seem to get a big audience last year. For reasons I cant understand, many of the regular EFC members failed to support it. Too stuck in their ways to go out on a Friday instead of a Wednesday, perhaps? Also, the band were relatively unknown in Edinburgh and, perhaps, didnt have a high enough profile to attract the non regulars. Anyway, they were great and are well worth seeing again.

• There is now a Cran community on Yahoo Groups, for receiving Cran info or sharing opinion etc. One of the band is a member. To join - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/CRANCORP